[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 89, Issue 12

Mark Elliott Mark.Elliott <@t> hli.ubc.ca
Tue Apr 12 13:16:16 CDT 2011

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:37:17 -0400
From: Eva Permaul <eca9 <@t> georgetown.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Counterstain for dual chromogenic
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Eva

I have been doing some double labelling using Vulcan Fast Red from Biocare and  Vector Blue Alkaline Phosphatase Substrate Kit III from Vector Labs.  For counter stain I use Vector Methyl Green and the combination works great and looks quite nice.

Mark

Good morning,
I have been attempting to do some dual chromogenic staining. I am using
a mouse and a rabbit antibody. For the mouse antibody I am using an
HRP-mouse secondary followed by AEC for visualization. For the rabbit
antibody I am using a biotinylated rabbit secondary, followed by ABC-AP
and vector blue. My problem is what to use as a counterstain. From
everything I have read so far there isn't one that would work without
having some problems. I was thinking of trying a very light Hematoxylin
and see if it doesn't disrupt the vector blue visualization too much.
Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eva

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.