[Histonet] coverslippers

Setlak, Lisa LSetlak <@t> childrensmemorial.org
Fri Apr 8 14:18:40 CDT 2011

We have the tape coverslipper from Sakura and have had it for years.... we love it. Yo need to make sure when you change the tape that it is allowed to sit out of the package for a little while. We put one on the machine and open a new one and let it sit out- but I think overnight is fine. It's very low maintenance.
Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer Sipes
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 1:30 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] coverslippers

Hi Everyone!

Our small core is looking into getting a coverslipper and I was wondering the
following things:

1) Which company did you get yours from?
2) Is there a difference between glass vs. plastic? (thinking of allowing people
who do IHC/IMF to use it too)
3) What are the pros and cons of your machine?

The world of coverslippers is huge and I'm just getting into the
automation---FINALLY!! Would love to hear from the experienced!

Thanks so much for all of your help in advance!  I truly appreciate it!

Jen

Jennifer K. Sipes, ALAT
Sr. Laboratory Technician
Johns Hopkins University