[Histonet] TBS MICROWAVE PROCESSOR

SHANE NELSON nelsonrnch <@t> verizon.net
Tue Apr 5 08:44:08 CDT 2011

Eric,
I currently use the TBS shur/wave processor. I have used it for 4 years now and
in all honesty in the beginning it was a struggle to find the programs that
would work for me. TBS tech support is not what we would say great by any means
(they sucked). They were in no way helpful to me in giving me direction what so
ever. But now I am satisfied with the results we are getting in our lab after
many hours of trouble shooting on my own. Bx time for my program is about 22
minutes, 1 mm is 33, 2mm is 1 hour 3 minutes. I found that microwaved processed
tissue reacts very differantly to staining. For example H & E staining times are
much longer than some protocols I have used. If you would like to ask me
specific questions just e-mail me.

THANK YOU,

PATTI RUBEN-NELSON  H.T.(ASCP)
LABORATORY CONSULTANT
SUPERVISOR/DESERT GASTROENTEROLOGY CONSULTANTS
35-900 Bob Hope Drive
Suite 275
Rancho Mirage, Ca.  92270
cell (909) 841-9761 / wk (760) 321-2500