[Histonet] FW: WNV

Perry, Margaret Margaret.Perry <@t> sdstate.edu
Mon Sep 27 14:32:48 CDT 2010

From: Perry, Margaret
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 11:41 AM
To: 'TGoins <@t> mt.gov'
Subject: WNV

We have a problem with the equine tissue as do other labs.  A lot of samples can be done and only one will come up positive.  We have good luck with avian tissues.  We use DAKO envision.  The antibody we use is 7H2 (81-002) from BioReliance.  Proteinase K for 6 min, antibody for 30 min, DAKO mouse  envision for 30 min , nova red 4 min.  Hope this helps.  Our control tissue is avian heart and the cells that stain are very positive.  However there are very few positive cells in our control and you really have to search to find them.

Margaret Perry HT(ASCP)
Dept of Veterinary and  Biomedical services
Box 2175
South Dakota State University
Brookings SD 57007
605-688-5638