[Histonet] rat kidney problems

abijag abijag76 <@t> rediffmail.com
Thu Sep 23 11:42:42 CDT 2010

Hello

I need your advice regarding paraffin sections of rat kidney. Kidneys are collected, adequately fixed with 10 % NBF and undergone routine tissue processing in Sakura VIP 6 tissue processor.Sections are of 5 micron thickness. Strangely, in the H&E stained sections, our pathologists are complaining that typical morphology of tubules are not preserved ie. typical tubular patterns are missing (tubules with no lumen) in the cortical region (at the edges and slightly inwards). But the inner medulla and other regions are perfectly fine.This issue cropped up now only.Any body will give their expert advice to solve this issue.

Thanks

Abi