[Histonet] Her2 question

Fawn Bomar Fawn.Bomar <@t> HalifaxRegional.com
Wed Sep 22 14:06:58 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how many of you all use the Cell Marque Her2 predilute?  We have been using it at our facility for 2 years now and it has been great until we received a new lot.  This new lot does not seem to be staining as well and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem and if they managed to get it to stain better.  I called Cell Marque and they told me that they optimized the antibody again so it is different from what we have been using.  I am adjusting a few things on our protocol to see if it works and I was wondering if anyone had any tips.

We use the BenchMark LT and our protocol is as follows:

Deparaffinization, Standard CC1, Antibody incubation 32 minutes (the maximum that the machine allows), A/B Block, Hematoxylin-6 minutes, and bluing-4 minutes.

Thank you
Fawn Bomar HT(ASCP)
This electronic message may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged.  It is intended only
for the use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients
in the message.

If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any
computer. Do not deliver, distribute, or copy this message, and
do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on
the information it contains.

Thank you