[Histonet] FORMALIN DISPOSAL

Sara Baldwin/mhhcc.org sbaldwin <@t> mhhcc.org
Wed Sep 22 10:56:20 CDT 2010

Histonetters:
Our disposal company for formalin wants us to separate our stored tissues from the formalin and then pour the formalin into a drum.
Does anyone have a procedure that doesn't expose your histotechs when pouring formalin off stored tissues, the company states there isn't a container that we can use to put the formalin and tissues in without being non-complient.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Pathology Supervisor
Kathy Baldwin, SCT (ASCP)
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center
sbaldwin <@t> mhhcc.org
Ph 812-482-0210, 482-0216,  Fax 812-482-0232,
Pager 812-481-0897
Confidential information, Authorized use only.