[Histonet] Losing frozen sections

Fischer, Dolores Dolores_Fischer <@t> baxter.com
Thu Sep 16 10:54:16 CDT 2010

Hello again,

Besides my C3 and C5b-9 question I was wondering if anyone has ideas as to why I might be losing my frozen sections during IHC.   I'm placing 5u sections on charged slides, air drying overnight, fixing in chilled acetone, air drying again, and proceeding with the protocol, which recently has been an ABC method.   Slides I don't use get stored in a -70 freezer.   I do these by hand.  Could I just be rinsing too vigorously?  Sometimes I look at these during the procedure and they look fine, but inevitably many of the sections look horrible- torn and missing tissue, by the time they are coverslipped.   Hints and suggestions anyone?

Thank you in advance,

Dolores
The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of , or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer