[Histonet] Trouble shooting decalcified bone sections (paraffinembedded)

Jeanne Estabel je2 <@t> sanger.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 03:45:33 CDT 2010

Hi YiJing,

We are collecting knee joint from mouse and we decalcify in 10% EDTA
(pH7.4).
Place the pots on a rocking platform under gentle agitation for 72 hours
at room temperature.
Then change the EDTA solution and place the pots on the rocking platform
under gentle agitation for a further 72 hours. The tissues can stay in
EDTA for 6 to 7 days.

I agree with Gayle that the processing could be also the step to look
at.

Regards

Jeanne

Jeanne Estabel, PhD