[Histonet] cryosection for IHC samples

Carolina Soekmadji carolina.soekmadji <@t> qut.edu.au
Sat Sep 4 19:14:28 CDT 2010

Hi,
Could anybody give me an advice about sample processing for cryosection? For best IHC, is it better to go with fresh tumour sample that goes straight to cryosection, then fix with PFA ? How long we need to fix in PFA in this case? 30 min?
Or is it better to process it by fixing tumour first by immersion in PFA then sucrose then cryosection ?

Best wishes,

Carolina

Carolina Soekmadji, PhD. MSc.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre - Queensland | Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation -QUT |
t: 07 3176 3099 (APCRC - Q, Princess Alexandra Hospital)
t: 07 3138 6286 (IHBI, QUT Kelvin Grove)
mobile: +61 423 111 807
f: 07 3176 7440
e: carolina.soekmadji <@t> qut.edu.au<mailto:carolina.soekmadji <@t> qut.edu.au>