[Histonet] Nitroblue Tetrazolium Chloride

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Thu Oct 28 13:51:59 CDT 2010

I previously posted a question regarding Nitroblue Tetrazolium Chloride,
but I didn't really receive the info that I needed - so I thought I
would ask again.

I need to purchase this item for a research doc.  He wants to immerse
tissue in this solution for 24 hours and then process as usual.  It is
my understanding that this is some kind of dye.  I see that I can order
it from Sigma in tablet form.  I've seen it from other companies in a
powder form.

Has anyone ever used this reagent in the capacity that I describe?  Is
it available as a ready-to-use solution/liquid?  Is there a certain
strength/percentage that I should use?

Thanks,

Laurie Colbert