[Histonet] cryojane problems

Connolly, Brett M brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
Tue Oct 26 08:41:18 CDT 2010

Kim,

I would recommend using their '4x' slides - they have more adhesive on them.

I don't think flashing more than once has any benefit.

Brett

Brett M. Connolly, Ph.D.
Molecular Imaging Team Leader
Merck & Co., Inc.
PO Box 4, WP-44K
West Point, PA 19486
brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
T- 215-652-2501
F- 215-993-6803

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kim Merriam
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:32 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] cryojane problems

Hi All,

I have been using the cryojane to cut human articular cartilage, with excellent
results.  Now I need to cut frozen sections of rat articular cartilage
that contain some underlying bone.  I am getting nice sections, but when I peel
the tape off the slide, a bunch of my tissue is staying on the tape.  I have
tried increasing the number of flashes (to a whopping 10!), hoping that this
will help adhere the sections, but it hasn't.

Any tips for me?

Kim
 Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Cambridge, MA