[Histonet] Tissue Processor Advice

Jesus Ellin JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
Fri Oct 22 16:15:37 CDT 2010

How are you meeting the hours of fixation requirement for Breast?  With
2 and 4 and 8 hours,, But recently there are articles calling for Her 2
to be done on GI cases.  Just want to know you insight on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Feher,
Stephen
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 2:12 PM
To: caymanfleck <@t> gmail.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Tissue Processor Advice

We are using the Peloris with a 2 hr, 4 hr and 8 hr protocol.  We run 2
hour protocols throughout the day with an average of 4-5 runs per day
depending on specimen volume.  We really like this processor.  We have
had them for 10 months now, are using factory protocols and have not had
any specimens that have been either under or over processed.  The techs
and the pathologists are very pleased with it.

Steve