[Histonet] Tissue Processor Advice

Feher, Stephen sfeher <@t> CMC-NH.ORG
Fri Oct 22 16:11:49 CDT 2010

We are using the Peloris with a 2 hr, 4 hr and 8 hr protocol.  We run 2
hour protocols throughout the day with an average of 4-5 runs per day
depending on specimen volume.  We really like this processor.  We have
had them for 10 months now, are using factory protocols and have not had
any specimens that have been either under or over processed.  The techs
and the pathologists are very pleased with it.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
caymanfleck <@t> gmail.com
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 4:17 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue Processor Advice

We are in need of some advice regarding rapid tissue processors.  Models
we are considering:

Sakura Xpress
Leica Peloris
Thermo STP 420

It seems none of these models are perfect in every respect.  I'm
interested in anyone's opinions of these processors and your experience
with them.

All input is appreciated!