[Histonet] RE: kappa and lambda by CISH

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Tue Oct 19 10:04:49 CDT 2010

I have been using the RISH from Biocare and you can use it on Decaled specimens.  they have a slightly different protocol (pretreatment) but we have found that you don't need to adjust with our form of decal.
Not completely finished with the validation process on these, but that is what we have found so far.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kuhnla, Melissa [Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:49 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] kappa and lambda by CISH

Hello All,
Anyone currently running Kappa and Lambda by CISH?  I am in the process
of validating the Ventana products.  Due to the ASR status of these
products the vendor is extremely 'tight lipped'.  I have the stains
worked up and have completed a 25 case validation. Does anyone know if
this test is not to be used on decaled specimens??
Thank you

The information in this e-mail, and any attachments therein, is confidential and for use by the intended addressee only. If this message is received by you in error please do not disseminate or read further. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete the message. Although Catholic Health Services of Long Island attempts to sweep e-mail  and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.