[Histonet] Block release

Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Mon Oct 18 10:22:33 CDT 2010

Good Morning to All,
We, as often as possible, try not to release blocks for studies or legal cases.  Most studies will let you submit 10-20 unstained recut slides on Plus slides.  On legal cases, we always give recuts if there is enough tissue.  When slides will not suffice, we will send the block and keep a record of the block being sent.
Wanda

WANDA G. SMITH, HTL(ASCP)HT
Pathology Supervisor
TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER
9330 Medical Plaza Drive
Charleston, SC  29406
843-847-4586
843-847-4296 fax

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bernice Frederick
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 11:04 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Block release

Everyone,

I have been asked to post a query as to what your institution does in terms of releasing blocks for oncology clinical trials. Please respond as it is important to us as we receive a lot of those blocks here at Northwestern (policies, procedures, alternative submissions etc) If you are in Australia, Ireland, Canada, Puerto Rico or Peru please also answer (though I sort of know already) as we do get blocks from you also.

Thanks

Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)

Northwestern University