[Histonet] Block release

Helen Fedor hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu
Mon Oct 18 10:12:08 CDT 2010

Hello, Our institution does release blocks, the requirement is that a patient consent is signed and we have an MTA (Material Transfer Agreement) For the study and appropriate IRB's in place for the study. It is a lot to set up, but after this is done for one study any following studies are easier to handle.

Helen

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bernice Frederick
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 11:04 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Block release

Everyone,

I have been asked to post a query as to what your institution does in terms
of releasing blocks for oncology clinical trials. Please respond as it is
important to us as we receive a lot of those blocks here at Northwestern
(policies, procedures, alternative submissions etc) If you are in Australia,
Ireland, Canada, Puerto Rico or Peru please also answer (though I sort of
know already) as we do get blocks from you also.

Thanks

Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)

Northwestern University