[Histonet] negative controls

Kuhnla, Melissa Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org
Fri Oct 15 11:49:35 CDT 2010

Hi Vikki,
I have 1 Ventana XT and 3 Ultras.  I have certain antibodies designated
to each ultra.  This means not all slides from any case are guaranteed
to be on the same machine.  They obviously all have their own detection
kit.  My theory is that our detection kits are QCd prior to initial load
onto an instrument. The patient block was treated the same prior to
cutting. The slides receive solutions that are QCd...I think we are
covered. What are your thoughts?
Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Victoria
Baker
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 10:26 AM
To: Histo Net list server
Subject: [Histonet] negative controls

Hi
I have a hypothetical question to those who run IHC on Ventana
instruments.
Are you running your negatives with your patient/test cases or on a
separate
run?  Also, if you are doing this and have to use a different detection
kit
how do you work the QA/QC portion of this for CAP requirements.

Thanks

Vikki