[Histonet] negative controls

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:56:57 CDT 2010

Hi Sarah,

It's better to have the control on the same slide.  There are slides that
work and slides that don't.  You know which ones are good and which ones are
bad because you have that control on each slide.  It's not always a complete
run that fails.  Yes, you CAN have a single batch control (it's not against
the rules), but best practice is to have a control on each slide.

You don't process a control for each case, you use a similarly processed
piece of positive tissue placed on each slide (except the negative which
should just have the patient tissue).

Mark