[Histonet] New Cap Guidelines for Her2 and ER/PR

Joyce Cline Joyce.Cline <@t> wchsys.org
Tue Oct 12 10:10:05 CDT 2010

Does anyone have any experience with storing formalin fixed breast tissue in 70% before processing?  I am trying to comply with the new guidelines set forth by CAP and ASCO with regard to Her2 and ER/PR and since my lab does not operate on the weekend we have been well above the 48 hour recommended formalin fixation time.  Does 70% affect antigenicity for either Her2 or ER/PR?  Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks :)

Ronda Souders
Hagerstown Medical Laboratory
301-665-4980
fax 301-665-4941
ronda.souders <@t> wchsys.org<mailto:ronda.souders <@t> wchsys.org>

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ***** This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.