[Histonet] mislabeling of slides and blocks

Pamela Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Fri Oct 8 13:02:15 CDT 2010

I agree with Janice.  Except we need three incidents and the person is fired on the third.  If it is a pathologist or the case is called negative when it was not and the patient goes untreated we are in a legal battle.  We also have pathologist and doctors who can make it happen faster if it is one of their cases that is called wrong.  We can't have patient care and diagnosis compromised because someone was not paying attention.  Yes, I have bad days, too.  If I am having one I have someone else check me if there is any quesiton.

Pam Marcum

UAMS

AP Manager

----- Original Message -----
From: sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
To: "Janice A Mahoney" <Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org>
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu, "Sherry Dean" <sherry.dean <@t> ventana.roche.com>, "Amy Farnan" <Farnana <@t> nehealth.com>
Sent: Friday, October 8, 2010 12:41:43 PM
Subject: RE: [Histonet] mislabeling of slides and blocks

   Holy  cow  man!!   Fired for mislabeling 2 times in 260 days!!&= nbsp;
   Have  you  never been human and made a mistake?!  I could understa= nd
   if  it  was  a  tech  on  a regular basis messing up, but that seems a
   little = crazy, especially if you are in a high volume hospital!!

   WOW!!
   Just my opinion...
   Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)
   <= div>

   Histo= technician

   XBiotech USA Inc.

   8201 East Rivers= ide Dr. Bldg 4 Suite 100

   Austin, Texas  78744
   (512)386-5107