[Histonet] chicken EGFP aby

Susan Travers travers.3 <@t> osu.edu
Thu Oct 7 07:44:31 CDT 2010

Does anyone have experience with detecting EGFP with some of the current aby's made in chicken?  We have used aby's from both AVES labs and Millipore with negative results. In both cases we used the biotinylated secondary aby from AVES followed by a fluorescent streptavidin.  Absolutely no staining.

Using the same tissue, we were able to use a different aby made in rabbit and it worked great. However, because of double-labeling needs we'd really like to get the chicken to work.

Perhaps someone has experience or insights?

Thanks!
Susan Travers
Division of Oral Biology
College of Dentistry