[Histonet] RE: Helicobacter pylori

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Wed Oct 6 10:01:52 CDT 2010

We use what we call a modified Genta. That is a modified Steiner if done manually. Because we have the Artisan and DAKO didn't have a Genta kit, I tried using the Warthin Starry and adding the Alcian blue and H&E manually and it worked fine. So we have not renamed it a modified Warthin Starry! But the H. pylori are very visible as well as the mucin and the morphology. J

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kathy M. Gorham
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:20
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Helicobacter pylori

Good Morning Histo land. I would like to know what others are using for a special stain for Helicobacter pylori not IHC. Do you use a kit? From where? Make up your own?  Procedure. Thanks you.  You have always been so helpful. Kathy Gorham H.T.

GRH National Recognition
Outstanding Rural Health Organization of 2009 awarded by NRHA Gold Standard Critical Access Hospital 2009 awarded by LarsonAllen LLP Leader in Innovative Excellence 2009 awarded by the OAHHS Financial Excellence Award 2010 awarded by the national Rural Health Research & Policy Analysis Center Healthcare Achievement Award for Quality in Patient Care Delivery and Satisfaction 2010 awarded by Amerinet

GRH Mission
We will ensure access to high-quality, cost-effective health services in a safe, customer-friendly environment for all those in need of our services.

GRH Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail and any attached documents are for the intended recipient/s only and should be protected against viewing by unauthorized persons. The information herein may have been disclosed from records whose confidentiality is protected by Federal and State Law. Federal regulations prohibit further distribution or copying of this information without permission.  If you received this e-mail transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return or destruction of this information.

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.