[Histonet] 70% alcohol

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 15:54:29 CST 2010

It is always better to be safe than sorry. You should start in EtOL95% → 100% and clear as usual before infiltration.
René J.

--- On Tue, 11/23/10, sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com <sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com> wrote:

From: sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com <sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com>
Subject: [Histonet] 70% alcohol
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 4:48 PM

Hello all!!

I moved jobs, but am still here in 80 degree Austin weather...

Question.  If tissue has been stored in 70% alcohol for up to a year,
does there need to be anything done to it before processing?  I am
assuming that some rehydration might be necessary?  If not can you just
throw it on  the processor on a normal cycle?  Thanks for you help!!

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)

Histotechnologist

Mirna Therapeutics

2150 Woodward Street