[Histonet] Rusting in Pathology Department

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Thu Nov 18 19:38:46 CST 2010

Is decal solution being stored in any of those cabinets or drawers?  Some
techs will have a container that they keep near their microtomes for
surface decal.

<Beth.Fye <@t> HCAhealthcare.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
11/18/2010 05:13 PM

cc

Subject
[Histonet] Rusting in Pathology Department

Here is a question I don't believe I ever seen discussed here before. Does
anyone else have significant rusting issues in their Histology
Departments?  Cabinet hinges, metal outlet plates, printers, etc. are
rusting in our department, especially around the microtome areas.  Please
let me know if you are having any of these issues, or can think of any
reason for this.  We had a printer in the lab that the whole interior
rusted out.  This is not minor rusting that I could contribute to water
bath  humidity.

Beth A. Fye, CT (ASCP)
Pathology Technical  Manager
HCA Richmond Hospital Laboratories