[Histonet] Tap Water or filtration system

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Mon Nov 15 16:03:29 CST 2010

We use tap water and have had no problems.

Sydney tap water seems to be quite innocuous

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vanessa
Avalos
Sent: Tuesday, 16 November 2010 4:51 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Tap Water or filtration system

We are in the process of getting our new Lecia Autostainer delivered to
us. The question came up if we will still need to continue using our
water purification system for the stainer. Mostly the docs would like to
save money but I don't want them to be unhappy with the result.

I would like to hear all the pros and cons of discontinuing/continuing
the use of our system and going w/ tap water from the sink. What is the
PH level supposed to test at? What difference will I see in the slides?
By the way, I only stain H&E  at the current time but there is a
possibility of starting PAS or other special stains.

Thank you in advance!!!

V.Avalos

ADS, INC

Fax:602-277-2134

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.