[Histonet] ThermoFisher's PrintMate (cassette printer) andSlide Mate (slide labeler with scanner)

Langenberg, Stacey STACEY.LANGENBERG <@t> UCDENVER.EDU
Sat Nov 13 22:52:15 CST 2010

We love our Leica IPS and IPC slide and cassette printers! I would highly recommend them to you Joe! Lose the printmates.

Stacey
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Nocito <jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com>
Sender: "histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"
	<histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 11:35:17
To: Damaris Beil<dbeil1 <@t> hotmail.com>; histonet<histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] ThermoFisher's PrintMate (cassette printer) and
 Slide	Mate (slide labeler with scanner)

we've had them for over two years and we still don't have the system up and
running (for various reasons, some internal issues, some external issues).
We had to stop automatically sending the slide queue from the cassette queue
because of a lot of confusion with extra slides. A lot of slides were being
wasted. We had to send the Checkmates back because the screens became dull,
couldn't read the screen. They were fixed, I still don't know what the
problem was. I even changed the battery on each machine. One time I called
Thermofisher (or whatever they're called this week) because our cassette
catcher wasn't working. I was told that they didn't have a manual for the
Printmate and that it would cost $2000 to send out a rep to JUST look at it.
I called my rep and asked what kind of crap that was. She told be to call
the help desk, where I did get help and was able to fix it over the phone
(thank you Cherryll).
Personally, I would not have purchased it. The Printmate has some quirks in
it, even with the software up date. Sometimes, the machine looses it
position. You have to close down the software, shut the machine off, turn
the machine back on, wait for it to boot up, then open up the software. You
have to use their cassettes because of the angle of the front of the
cassette. We have tried other brands and only half the numbers were printing
on the cassette. As some of you know, I really hate equipment that you have
to USE their brand or it won't work. (remember my Ventana rants).
Wow, all that anger, frustration, just spilling out. not that I have anger
issues. I've been to anger management classes 5 times.

Joe