[Histonet] question to ventana benchmark XT and ultra

Troutman, Kenneth A kenneth.a.troutman <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Nov 12 12:34:17 CST 2010

You might not have seated the top of the prep kit container all the way down.  They should not be different heights.  I would take each of them and press down on the top to make sure the lid is on properly.  If you set them side by side and they are still different heights, I would contact your Ventana rep immediately and show them this.  Otherwise, I am inclined to agree with Clare that the reagent trays were not in the proper position.  You should have about a half inch of clearance between the hammer and the top of the prep kit container.

Ashley Troutman BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Vanderbilt University Histopathology
1301 Medical Center Drive TVC 4531
Nashville, TN  37232

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:41:25 -0500
From: Clare Thornton <CThornton <@t> dahlchase.com>
Subject: RE: [Histonet] question to ventana benchmark XT and ultra
      users
To: "'Langenberg, Stacey'" <STACEY.LANGENBERG <@t> UCDENVER.EDU>,
      "gu.lang <@t> gmx.at"  <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at>, "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Make sure that the lids on your prep-kit dispensers are pushed all the way down.  Since the space between the hammer and the tops of the dispensers is so small, if one lid is not pushed down all the way the hammer will grab it.  Seen it happen many times myself!

Clare J. Thornton, HTL(ASCP),QIHC
Assistant Histology Supervisor
Dahl-Chase Diagnostic Services
417 State Street, Suite 540