[Histonet] lost tissue

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Thu Nov 11 10:34:01 CST 2010

Gremlins.  That's what it is.  I recently cut in a case with two parts -
one Extremely Thin Black Crescent of tissue in one cassette and the
other tissue in the next cassette.  The next morning, the Extremely Thin
Black Crescent was NOT in the cassette.  Gulp.  Sometime later, as I was
almost done embedding, I opened a cassette and there - lo and behold! -
was the Extremely Thin Black Crescent.  Creepy.  I had the pathologist
confirm that it was, indeed, the Extremely Thin Black Crescent of tissue
that had started out somewhere else...  'splain that, Lucy!