[Histonet] lost tissue

Brandi Higgins brandihiggins <@t> gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:18:33 CST 2010

Hi Christine,

We recently had a cassette that when we picked it up to embed we could see
that it was open.  There was nothing in the cassette, we later found the
specimen in the retort of the processing machine.  When I tried to close the
lid of that cassette (microbiopsy cassette, and we also use Surgipath) the
lid was particularly difficult to close.  Probably the grosser pressed and
thought it had shut, but it had not closed propoerly and it opened
more during the agitation or the solutions being pumped in or out and the
tissue floated out.  But, as I mentioned, the cassette was open when we
picked it up.  If the cassette is closed when you pick it up to embed, I
don't think it would have opened and shut itself properly again.

Brandi Higgins