[Histonet] RE: alcoholic formalin

Houston, Ronald Ronald.Houston <@t> nationwidechildrens.org
Thu Nov 4 14:33:55 CDT 2010

Easy solution is to provide your client with 10% NBF

Ronnie Houston
Anatomic Pathology Manager
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Columbus OH 43205
(614) 722 5450
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Laurie Elmgren
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:24 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] alcoholic formalin

I have a client that uses alcoholic formalin as a primary fixative for
small endometrial and cervical biopsies.

What can I do to keep the cells from looking like raisins? We presently
run these biopsies on a conventional processor with a short biopsy
schedule.

Laurie Elmgren

Histology Supervisor

Sunrise Medical Labs

240 Motor Pkwy

Hauppauge, NY 11788

(631)435-1515x1108

"This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it."

The following mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. The recipient is responsible to
maintain the confidentiality of this information and to use the
information only for authorized purposes. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, use,
disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Thank you.