[Histonet] Qualifications to run a Thin Prep 2000?

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren <@t> gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:14:09 CDT 2010

Dear Histonetters,

    I am interested in someone from the Cytyc Corp or a Cytology lab
supervisor contacting me regarding the educational/training requirements for
personnel running a Thin Prep 2000 instrument.  I am on assignment at a
Histology lab in Illinois where they process their own cytology specimens
and they have a position open for someone to accession specimens and run the
Thin Prep 2000.  The Laboratory Director is of the opinion that they need to
hire an HT or HTL to run this instrument, and I'm not so sure.  I know I've
worked in labs where they had "lab assistants" (college kids @ $8./hr)
preparing thin preps.  If the respondent could cite the relevant CAP
regulation regarding the Thin Prep instrument, it would be fantastic.  Thank
you so much.

                                                                Lee Luna
Lives!

                                                                        Jay