[Histonet] eosin as tissue dye

Kuhnla, Melissa Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org
Thu Nov 4 08:16:22 CDT 2010

I know using eosin as a tissue dye during processing has been a recent
discussion.  My lab has been experiencing issue with the cobalt blue we
use currently.  At embedding, small biopsies are not seen on blue
sponges, white sponges turn blue. Biopsies that are wrapped are not
turning blue, the paper is not allowing the blue thru.  Eosin has come
up as a suggestion.  I know it is known to fluoresce. What is everyone's
experience with this??  The only FISH test we are running is Her2 by
pathvysion.  What recipe are you all using?? On the processor??
Thank you so much.
Melissa

The information in this e-mail, and any attachments therein, is confidential and for use by the intended addressee only. If this message is received by you in error please do not disseminate or read further. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete the message. Although Catholic Health Services of Long Island attempts to sweep e-mail  and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.