[Histonet] Frozen Section TAT

BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org
Wed Nov 3 06:20:45 CDT 2010

Sue,
 Yes you do have your hands full. We also do multiple parts on skins,
nodes, etc. etc. It is stated on the QC sheet and as part of our procedure
that it is based on the initial frozen. If there is an outlier because of
multiple parts that is stated as the justification for the lapse in
procedure.

Beatrice Sullivan, HT(A.S.C.P.) HTL , AAS, CLSP(N.C.A.)
AP Supervisor
Shore Memorial Hospital
609-653-3590

             Sue
             <suetp918 <@t> comcast
             .net>                                                      To
                                       BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org
             11/02/2010 08:08                                           cc
             PM                        histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu,
                                       histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthweste
                                       rn.edu, Allison D Scott
                                       <Allison_Scott <@t> hchd.tmc.edu>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Histonet] Frozen Section TAT

I like Beatrice's method but I think it would only work in a small setting
where you are not
getting multiple frozens at one time as well as frozens that have 30 or 40
parts or working
with multiple pathologists.

Susan T. Paturzo
TJUH