[Histonet] Standard work

Mahoney,Janice A Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org
Mon Nov 1 12:13:47 CDT 2010

Hi Marcia,
I'd be glad to help but could you be more specific as to what you need?  We have the Ventana Vangage system and love it.  We are a Lean Lab as I know you are and I think this system fits in perfectly. Please feel free to contact me for specifics.
We have Job guidance sheets (i.e. procedures) that follow step by step how to use the system during each of the stations for Vantage.  Everyone does it the same way every time and we have only had 2 numbering errors in 2 years with Vantage.  Standard work and single piece flow are essential.  We post the flow at each station and do audits to assure compliance.  Everyone loves the system and feels much less stress.
>From the Vantage data I am able to collect I know my average cutting time per block is just over 2 minutes and embedding is less than a minute.
Let me know what additional info you need.
Jan Mahoney
Omaha, NE

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marcia Funk
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 12:04 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Standard work

    Hist
    We are looking at tracking system and would like some additional data
    from labs that are tracking standard work for sectioning, embedding, labeling.
    Also special stains and IHC would be helpful.  Like to compare our lab with other
    labs to see if we are in the ballpark.  Appreciate any help you might share.
    Marcia

Marcia Funk
Histology Laboratory
Mercy Medical Center North Iowa