[Histonet] alternative for bunsen burner?

BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org
Tue May 18 11:46:40 CDT 2010

We use an alcohol burner that has a wick inside. It works well for us.

Beatrice Sullivan, HT(A.S.C.P.) HTL , AAS, CLSP(N.C.A.)
AP Supervisor
Shore Memorial Hospital
609-653-3590

             Brandi Higgins
             <brandihiggins <@t> gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
             histonet-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.utsouthwest
             ern.edu                                               Subject
                                       [Histonet] alternative for bunsen
                                       burner?
             05/18/2010 11:30
             AM

Hello all,

Our hospital is moving our histology department across the hall and have
asked us if we can find an alternative to the bunsen burner so they don't
have to install a gas line.  The pathologist has told me that there is some
machine that can be used instead of a flame to burn the forceps while
embedding (which is our main use for the bunsen flame).  This is the only
lab I have ever worked at and I don't know what such a machine would be
called.  If anyone knows the name, or any other alternative method can you
let me know.  Model numbers/companies would be a bonus too!  Thanks so much
for your help.

Brandi Higgins, BS, HT(ASCP)