[Histonet] alternative for bunsen burner?

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Tue May 18 11:27:53 CDT 2010

a bacti incinerator

Brandi Higgins <brandihiggins <@t> gmail.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
05/18/2010 09:00 AM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] alternative for bunsen burner?

Hello all,

Our hospital is moving our histology department across the hall and have
asked us if we can find an alternative to the bunsen burner so they don't
have to install a gas line.  The pathologist has told me that there is
some
machine that can be used instead of a flame to burn the forceps while
embedding (which is our main use for the bunsen flame).  This is the only
lab I have ever worked at and I don't know what such a machine would be
called.  If anyone knows the name, or any other alternative method can you
let me know.  Model numbers/companies would be a bonus too!  Thanks so
much
for your help.

Brandi Higgins, BS, HT(ASCP)