[Histonet] Re: Grossing Technician Qualifications

Houston, Ronald Ronald.Houston <@t> nationwidechildrens.org
Tue May 18 08:41:59 CDT 2010

Care to share with us what they told you regarding the specifics of who can and who cannot gross?

Ronnie Houston
Anatomic Pathology Manager
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Columbus OH 43205
(614) 722 5450
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Pamela Marcum
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 5:21 PM
To: Kim Donadio
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Robert Richmond
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Re: Grossing Technician Qualifications

I went to the American Association of Pathology Assistants web site and then called them.  I got the most help for the question of who can and who can not gross from them.  It will not be state specific so if you think your state has other more complex rules you will need to check there.  The rule I have now are what CAP will look for and that is what I am working toward.  CAP is who will grade us - not the state overall.

Pam