[Histonet] Are Histotechs considered "exempt" employees?

Martin, Erin Erin.Martin <@t> ucsf.edu
Thu May 13 14:02:32 CDT 2010

I agree with Karen about a decent pay scale for California - $16.15 is a ridiculous wage for California.  Although San Francisco is on the high end because of our insanely high cost of living (San Francisco even has it's own minimum wage of $9.75/hr), $16.15 seems horribly low for anywhere in the state.   Where are you living?  Maybe if you are out in the country where there's no competition for techs it's an acceptable wage but definitely not in any city.

Just my opinion, though...  PS Hi Karen - I met you a while a couple of years ago when I stopped in St. Mary's with Denise from Dako!

Erin

Erin Martin, Histology Supervisor
UCSF Department of Dermatopathology
415-353-7248