FW: [Histonet] Are Histotechs considered "exempt" employees?

Thomas Jasper tjasper <@t> copc.net
Tue May 11 06:11:38 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Jasper
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:45 AM
To: 'Anthony Sandoval'
Cc: 'histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Are Histotechs considered "exempt" employees?

Anthony,

Don't know where you live in Cali or where you work.  But if you are an
HTL and have any decent skill/experience, I would think you are being
totally ripped off.  The cost of living in most parts of Cali alone
makes me wonder about this salary.  And when you ask about being
exempt...I'm assuming you are exempt?  If this is the case again a total
rip off.  I think you need to look for work elsewhere and check into
wages.  New students that are registry eligible start out much higher
than that to my knowledge.

Tom Jasper

Thomas Jasper HT (ASCP) BAS
Histology Supervisor