[Histonet] Specimen Delivery

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Mon May 10 14:23:09 CDT 2010

Tissue specimens are brought directly to pathology.  Cytology fluids are
dropped off in Processing, because often fluids need to be shared
between several departments, and our Cytology dept doesn't necessarily
know that it is a shared specimen.  Processing can look it up in the
LIS.
Laurie

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
mwhite <@t> mcleodhealth.org
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 11:35 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: TBailey <@t> mcleodhealth.org
Subject: [Histonet] Specimen Delivery

For those of you who do tissue/cytology  processing in a hospital or
similar facility: Are tissue or fluid specimens brought directly to the
Anatomic Pathology/Cytology area, or are specimens dropped off in a
clinical accessioning area ?  We are debating the pros/cons of having
our
specimens dropped at a centralized location  since our Lab is becoming
more
"spread out" and nurses are confused about where to bring stuff.

Melanie S. White, MT(ASCP)
Laboratory Supervisor, Systems/Anatomic Pathology
McLeod Regional Medical Center
(843) 777-2072