[Histonet] Specimen Delivery

mwhite <@t> mcleodhealth.org mwhite <@t> mcleodhealth.org
Mon May 10 13:35:09 CDT 2010

For those of you who do tissue/cytology  processing in a hospital or
similar facility: Are tissue or fluid specimens brought directly to the
Anatomic Pathology/Cytology area, or are specimens dropped off in a
clinical accessioning area ?  We are debating the pros/cons of having our
specimens dropped at a centralized location  since our Lab is becoming more
"spread out" and nurses are confused about where to bring stuff.

Melanie S. White, MT(ASCP)
Laboratory Supervisor, Systems/Anatomic Pathology
McLeod Regional Medical Center
(843) 777-2072