FW: [Histonet] Coverslipping with SubX

Vanessa Avalos vavalos <@t> allergydermatology.com
Wed Mar 31 16:53:45 CDT 2010

Sally,

I added SubX to my acrymount since I have plenty of that in stock. It
worked!!  And I am so glad I can use up what I have instead of having to
purchase a case of Sub X glue. My slides look clear and film free. I now am
more confident in passing these slides over to be read.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions everyone!

-----Original Message-----
From: Breeden, Sara [mailto:sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:25 AM
To: Vanessa Avalos
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Coverslipping with SubX

Try thinning out the Sub-X-based mounting medium with some Sub-X.  It
sounds as if your mounting medium is too thick.  Try that and see if it
helps.  You want your mounting medium to drip like cheap pancake syrup
would drip - not too thick and not too thin.  Too thick makes bubbles.

I use Sub-X on my processor but use xylene on my autostainer, but that's
because I have an tape coverslipper.  I know you mean you're
coverslipping by hand but see if the thinner medium helps you.  Let me
know!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)
NM Dept. of Agriculture
Veterinary Diagnostic Services