[Histonet] cassette labels erased by processor

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Mar 31 09:33:35 CDT 2010

I had similar issues with all of the marking pens out there.  We finally
switched to Tissue-Tek Marking pencils #4160 and have not had a problem since.
Plus they never "dry" out!

Peggy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Catherine Breen
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:13 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] cassette labels erased by processor

I am looking for help solving a lab mystery.  The cassettes in our lab are
labeled with an SP Securline Marker II and then processed in a Sakura VIP
processor.  Two weeks ago the entire batch came out labeled much more lightly
than usual, some to the point of where the label was completely effaced.
Our current theory is that an acid cleanser (Citronox) or possibly another acid
was accidentally introduced into the processor.
Has any lab experienced this problem before, especially with Citronox?

Thank you.