[Histonet] cassette labels erased by processor

Catherine Breen cmb321 <@t> excite.com
Wed Mar 31 09:13:25 CDT 2010

I am looking for help solving a lab mystery.  The cassettes in our lab are labeled with an SP Securline Marker II and then processed in a Sakura VIP processor.  Two weeks ago the entire batch came out labeled much more lightly than usual, some to the point of where the label was completely effaced.
Our current theory is that an acid cleanser (Citronox) or possibly another acid was accidentally introduced into the processor.
Has any lab experienced this problem before, especially with Citronox?

Thank you.