[Histonet] RE:cover slips

Reynolds,Donna M dreynold <@t> mdanderson.org
Mon Mar 29 08:57:41 CDT 2010

I have tried several brands all have the same problem some worse than others.
But even worse than the coverslips are the slides. I cut a lot of frozen sections on charged slides for fluorescent labeling the slides are dirty and the dirt gets trapped under the tissue as well as around it. The dirt is auto fluorescent. Sometimes it is hard to tell label from auto fluorescence. I have tried slides from multiple vendors and all seem to have the same problem. Does anyone have a good vendor for clean charged slides.
Message: 15
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:24:18 -0400
From: Helen Fedor <hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Cover glass
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Hello, Our lab does IHC staining in house and have had zero problems with our Fisher brand cover slips until recently. We've tried both Fisher and Corning cover slips and what appears to be dust or imperfections in the glass are found on both brands. This is creating false positives for us, because when the positive staining is low it is difficult to impossible to tell the imperfections from the staining itself.

Any advice will be welcome.

--
Helen