[Histonet] freezing mouse heart tissue

Malika Benatti malbenatti <@t> googlemail.com
Fri Mar 26 08:33:07 CDT 2010

You may found that excessive amount of saline could cause freezing artefacts, so dabe

Try to embed heart sample on cryostat chuck directly, with OCT then freeze chuck on dry ice block directly as opposed to using liquid nitrogen.

Another option, would be freezing tissue in hexane boiling tube, with Acetone/dry ice freezing mixture.

Hope this help.

Malika