[Histonet] coverslipper

jstaruk jstaruk <@t> masshistology.com
Thu Mar 25 14:40:05 CDT 2010

I purchased a used Hacker RCM-3660 glass coverslipper several years ago.  It
was missing some parts and the nice people from Hacker supplied me with the
needed parts.  This work horse has been running 7 days a week for the past
several years and has never given us any problems.  Great machine and great
people.

Jim

_______________________
James E. Staruk HT(ASCP)
 www.masshistology.com
   www.nehorselabs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Malika
Benatti
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:08 PM
To: Lynette Pavelich
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Naira Margaryan
Subject: Re: [Histonet] coverslipper

We use the Leica CV5030 the advantage of it is that it can be attached to
their Auto stainer providing continuous workflow as rack and coverslip 30
slides per run, without the need to physically transfer slides rack between
the autostainer and coverslipper or used as a stand alone coverslipper if
needed, though at time it can be problematic.

For a start glass cover slip must be kept at 37 oC prior use otherwise they
tend to stick to each others.
Also does not recognised all the slides type unless they are Leica one, or
the coverlslipper as been calibrated to use a specific slides type.

In the past I used the Sakura Acetate film coverslipper, and their were no
major problem with it though remounting section was a very tedious process.

Malika