[Histonet] H & E QC

Sue suetp918 <@t> comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 18:02:35 CDT 2010

We have automatic stainers, so after the stainer is set up a slide with a micro-array is run. This slide is
checked by the histologists and logged in. The next slides run are our rapid cases. A log sheet is
prepared and handed to the pathologist with the slides and they are graded for processing, embedding, microtomy
and staining. This log is turned into the supervisor and reviewed daily. If there are issues the supervisor will
review with the histologists. Since the techs rotate weekly we are able to monitor all the tech's technical performance.

Susan T. Paturzo
TJUH