[Histonet] Contamination..processor?

tigger13b <@t> aol.com tigger13b <@t> aol.com
Wed Mar 24 12:15:13 CDT 2010

The cells are definitely in the blocks.  And we are filtering the formalin bath also.  Thanks all!
Brandi

(prev response I received included here just for everyone's info)
I would be more suspicious of the formalin "bath" that the tissues are
sitting in while they await being placed on the processor.  Those
containers of formalin are often very cruddy by the end of the day -
bits of tissue that may be on the ends of gloves, etc often end up in
the container.  Strain out the bits of tissue one night and see what
kind of debris is floating amongst your blocks!  It is very important to
begin each day with a new container for formalin.

Tissue can migrate too - we have seen very messy endometrial biopsies
that "share" with the blocks adjacent to them in the rack.  It can
happen.

Sheila